gh-release is a cli utility that deploys software releases to the Github releases API.
- What is this?
- Hypermodules started as a github org to facilitate the development of hyperamp, a desktop music player built with web technologies. Lately its turned into a community garden of libraries and tools that benefit from collective open source shepherding and maintenance. Additionally, organizing provides shared access to costly resources like software signing certificates, LLC protections and access to resource consuming infrastructure.
- What is hypermodular development?
- Hypermodular development generally refers to a style of software development that emerged from early Node.js module authoring patterns. There is no official definition but the they seem to follow a few general patterns:
- Unix-Like Philosophy: Modules solve one problem well. Default to existing Unix conventions where they exist.
- Written, Documented and Tested in isolation.
- Principal of least action: eliminate and reduce boilerplate. Work on the present, not the future. Don't make folders with one file in them. Add readme badges when you activate the service, not premptivly... etc
- Hide your implementation: Use
requireto hide implementation details. Find common ground with other modules in the problem domain if you can. Avoid plug-in ecosystems.
- Solve for yourself: Build the solution that you need now, rather than restrict your reality to the limitations of someone else's configuration set.
- Don't shoot for the github stars: github stars are a bad quality metric. Use what others turn to.
- Keep it non-fancy.
- "INSTALL WE TRUST": things should work as expected.
- Callback Heaven
- OPEN Open Source
- PR more ideas…
pragma > dogma. These rules are intended to serve a similar purpose as a description of musical sub-genera rather than a coding style doctrine. Don't be afraid to keep experimenting.
- Is there an IRC channel?
- What's with the background?
- Its a picture taken by PSU's FEI Tecnai F-20 tunneling electron microscope of some kind of gold lattice structure. Molecules and hypermodules share the same kind of vibe.☯